RE: Oracle AIX problem

From: Deas, Scott <Scott.Deas_at_lfg.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 13:50:09 +0000

Tiran,

I’m not sure I’m following. Are you saying you see heavy swap utilization even when the database has been shut down?

Here is the IBM site for nmon, it is installed by default in your version of AIX. It basically just collects topas information on a regular basis, so you can run historical reports to look at system activity. https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Power+Systems/page/nmon

I would recommend using the nmon analyzer tool to process the nmon output into an easy to read format. It’s an Excel spreadsheet with macros, that you import your nmon report into, and it will graph out system information for you. https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Power+Systems/page/nmon_analyser

Thanks,
Scott

From: Outsider [mailto:mufc01666_at_gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 9:38 AM
To: Deas, Scott
Cc: Oracle L
Subject: Re: Oracle AIX problem

Hi Scott,

Thanks for reply.

No, at that time DB is running but no heavy swapping because this is after shutdown of DB. Usually after shutdown we don't have problems but you don't know how long it will stay.... But even if DB is running but there is no activity the usage of CPU is very high.

CPU User%
Total 87.1

I will check your documents. and I really new in this AIX what I have to check with nmon and how ?

thanks

Tiran
Best Regards
Stay in touch...

Notice of Confidentiality: **This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Lincoln National Corporation proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to the Lincoln National Corporation family of companies. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout. Thank You.**

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Jun 24 2014 - 15:50:09 CEST

Original text of this message