beware of corrupted zip files from metalink when using downloader utility

From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <jcdrpllist_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 13:46:52 -0400

Hello,

beware of corrupted zip files from metalink when using downloader utility

Some time ago I downloaded using a download utility oracle 11g installers, and there was a problem with a file, it was corrupted, I tested the zip and it was ok.

Apparently the problem raised with the download utility, from then I only download
using firefox downloader, and if it disconnects, I prefer to restart the download.

And this is not the first time it happened to me some years ago apparently happened something similar but I supposed it was the media I use to copy the installers, but now I confirmed it is the use of a downloader.

I asked metalink if there was a way to validate the full content of the zip, but apparently there is no way.