Re: OT: What about creating a repository of scripts of oracle-l

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_tanelpoder.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 14:49:30 -0500

That's what I do - separate directories for different people's scripts to keep things separated.

I have my SQLPATH variable pointing into one single directory /Users/tanel/work/oracle/tpt where my own scripts are, but other people's scripts are in their respective directories *one directory up* from tpt. So I can run _at_../kerryosborne/xyz.sql for example. As these are separate directories (and not *under* my own directory) I can update them independently with separate git/svn/wget/tar commands without affecting other directories.

I will properly open source my stuff some day, but it would be hosted my own mercurial or github repository to keep the maintenance overhead and dependencies at minimum. I'll sure announce it when done.

Tanel