RE: OT: vote early, vote often...

From: Iggy Fernandez <iggy_fernandez_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 13:51:10 -0700

Healthcare.gov used NoSQL not relational. http://blogs.wsj.com/cio/2013/12/03/healthcare-govs-heart-beats-for-nosql/ Iggy

Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 11:22:02 -0400
Subject: Re: OT: vote early, vote often... From: oracledbaquestions_at_gmail.com
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

This is not a policy comment on obama care and I'm not looking to debate it, all I can say is that alot of this was developed near where I used to work and some of my managers new some of the managers who worked on that one. Also, I found it interesting to look at job adds in november/december to see what was going on. They were specifically looking for people who understood locking issues and it sounded like they had alot of 'transction control issues and denormalization issues' since they had issues running reports. So my guess is they had the same data in lots of tables and committed/rolled back after 1 insert/update/delete so the data didn't get distributed correctly. Just a guess... I can picture mark at a senate hearing with the lawyers in congress giving a lecture on how to code with a DB. Would be nice to get an IT professional in Congress. Not looking to debate the merits of the policy. This is not a political forum and I am not claiming to even be a republican. Though I'd probably support Mark just because it would be nice to have one IT guy in congress.