Access to MOS and Oracle Point Releases

From: Jeremiah Peschka <jeremiah_at_brentozar.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 13:31:06 -0700

This question is for the independents on the list, or those who really enjoy licensing questions.

In the Microsoft world, we can buy SQL Server Developer Edition for about $60 US on Amazon and get access to future updates. Support KB articles are free on the internet.

With Oracle, updates require a support contract and MOS is only available to customers with a support contract.

As an independent consultant, I'd like to get access to both of these resources. After some careful searching, I've found many different results varying from "become a partner" to "Go to the Oracle store and buy the cheapest anything that you can".

Independent Oracle people (or people who like to learn in their free time) - how do you get access to MOS and updates to Oracle?

---
Jeremiah Peschka - Managing Director, Brent Ozar Unlimited
MCSE: Data Platform, MVP