Re: Oracle service starts but the instance does not

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 12:23:23 -0700

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 1:44 PM, Uzzell, Stephan <SUzzell_at_micros.com> wrote:

> As Gidhin said, there is a registry key that controls whether the instance
> starts with the service. You can, if you don't want to muck about in the
> registry

Back when I administered Oracle on Windows on a daily basis, hacking the registry was pretty much required to get everything working as I wanted.

If you must do Oracle on Windows, it is a good idea to be comfortable with regedit.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Sr Oracle DBA at Pythian
Pythian Blog http://www.pythian.com/blog/author/still/ Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com