RAC 11gR2 node removal exact steps

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 19:33:13 +0200

Hi listers,

env: RAC 11.2.0.3.6 on RHEL 5.10

OracleŽ Clusterware Administration and Deployment Guide 11g Release 2
(11.2) states the following:

Deleting a Cluster Node on Linux and UNIX Systems (goo.gl/o6VY72): To delete a node from a cluster:
[...]

3.
Note:
This step is required only if you are using Oracle Clusterware 11g release 2 (11.2.0.1) or 11g release 2 (11.2.0.2).

Disable the Oracle Clusterware applications and daemons running on the node.
Run the rootcrs.pl script as root from the Grid_home/crs/install directory on the node to be deleted,
as follows:

# ./rootcrs.pl -deconfig -force

Does anyone know if step 3 (rootcrs.pl -deconfig -force) is required only for 11.2.0.1 and 11.2.0.2
(as per note above) or this step required for releases greater than
11.2.0.2 also
(I mean, if the note was added when 11.2.0.2 was the latest release)?

I'm asking because I did execute it with 11.2.0.3 and I get errors after that, in step 6 (for local GI home),
when I execute:

Grid_home/deinstall/deinstall -local

The script tries to get the resource names and errors out because the clusterware processes are already down after the deconfig command.

That's not a big issue as everything seems to be fine after that - cluvfy -post nodedel runs successfully
(I need to remove the GI home and some other files manually, of course),
but I'm curious to know
the correct steps.

Regards
Dimitre