Re: Data Guard Rebuild

From: Mark Burgess <mark_at_burgess-consulting.com.au>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 23:48:44 +1000

Would it be feasible to kick off your standby rebuild - let it complete. Then update the standby using an incremental backup (which could be compressed to send across the pipe)? I'm assuming that only a portion of your database would be changed between the standby refresh starting and completing. This may be far more efficient than running through media recovery on a large number of logs.