RE: Data Guard Rebuild

From: Kenny Payton <k3nnyp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 21:55:15 -0400

Yeah, I left a few things out I'm sure but was more curious about what others were doing to overcome the situation. I suspected others that had, and worked around, the same problem and overcame it already knew my pain.

A process to sftp, or better yet rsync, could be an alternative but since we are ASM ( missing info) it's a little more complicated.

The rebuilds generally complete within 1 to 2 days in the worst of scenarios. Even at overnight shipping of an external drive it would be hard to beat our 1ge link (probably more information you were asking for) even at 1T (more info) of archived logs. We are also shipping to a remote data center that costs us for boots on the ground.

btw, this is an 11gR2 environment.

Kenny