RE: Oracle service starts but the instance does not

From: Uzzell, Stephan <SUzzell_at_MICROS.COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 20:44:23 +0000

Hi Peter,

As Gidhin said, there is a registry key that controls whether the instance starts with the service. You can, if you don't want to muck about in the registry, type

oradim -edit -sid XXXX -startmode auto

That will change the reg key for you.

stephan

Stephan Uzzell | Senior Database Administrator | Managed Services |MICROS Systems, Inc. Direct: 443.285.8000x2345 | Mobile: 443.864.1725 | suzzell_at_micros.com | www.micros.com