Re: RMAN backup with KEEP option not restorable

From: De DBA <dedba_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 16:36:11 +1000

(repost due to overquoting)

I should hope not.. this DB is normally backed up with RMAN as a full hot backup on the AD standby. The live production database has only the control and spfiles backed up on a daily basis. There is no reason for any part of it to be in backup mode at any time. If it was, then it should still be in that mode - I don't have access to it currently but will check. Perhaps a silly question (never used that feature in 20 years..), is the start/end backup mode registered in the alert log?

Cheers,
Tony

On 11/06/14 16:23, Chitale, Hemant K wrote:
> Had the SYSTEM tablespace been put in BEGIN BACKUP mode on Friday 6th
> and not taken out of BACKUP mode since then ? Query V$BACKUP.
>
> Hemant K Chitale

<snip>