Quick Tip: db link password

From: Veerabasaiah C <veeracb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 15:08:09 +1200

Hi All,

Many of them might already know this, still thought might be useful for someone searching :).

I was trying to connect my source database (9i) to target (11gR2).

We had the case sensitive password enabled on the target the below command worked but failed with unable to login.

*ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied ORA-02063.* It was working fine from sqlplus but failing to connect via db link.

After couple retries . finally managed to get it working, I had to enclose the password in double quotes to get it working.

 Fails with invalid username/password:
 CREATE DATABASE LINK test_ext
 CONNECT TO test_user IDENTIFIED BY test_user  USING 'targetdb';

 Works perfectly :)

 CREATE DATABASE LINK test_ext
 CONNECT TO test_user IDENTIFIED BY "test_user"  USING 'targetdb';

A simple thing took sometime :(

--
Veerabasaiah C B
"Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left