Re: I think Oracle is not doing the correct decision rejecting error information

From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <jcdrpllist_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 19:43:53 -0400

Hi Niall, the problem, is the the increasing complexity in Oracle database, are generating more bugs, as I perceive as database administrator based on the problems we have; on oracle 11g on upgrades in example we have a log migrating from 10 to 11, problems we didn't have on 9i, we choose to export and import, and even in there we found another problems, and we was using of course the last version 11.2.0.3 in that moment.

Second the fault of information in metalink for ora-600 I got, in example is the problem in performance in oracle 11g where the value of system statistics is wrong multiplied by a factor by mistake, and a solution appeared several months after the bug. And this caused a real serious problem in performance.

Maybe you are true dbas can solve them, but I honestly I can't hardly solve them, and I can tell I'm one of the best of the worst in small database administration, at least I can get the idea,

Then I was thinking Oracle should be more interested in receiveing error-reports from customer who are interested in giving it to them. to detect and solve bugs earlier. Because when I tried to upload them, they said it was not in my metalink license, and I was asking why Oracle is not interested in gathering bugs as soon as possible.

That was only my opinion :)