Re: options for standby database

From: Fergal Taheny <ftaheny_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 23:09:13 +0100

I didn't say I was surprised. I said I was surprised Oracle gets away with it. So if I bought a perpetual license at 10g or 11g and build an app using cdc. And I have paid maintenance for update and support I expect that I will won't have to pay anything extra unless I decide to use some new cost option. Now at some stage I have to upgrade to 12c or I won't be on a supported version but then I will have to make changes to my app to do cdc in a different way and fork out for golden gate licenses.

I don't think this is acceptable. What next? Make indexes an extra cost option.