Re: Question about changing GI Home

From: Chad Cleveland <Chad.Cleveland_at_datavail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 00:14:17 +0000

Running Rootadd and rootcrs are not part of the instructions to move a GI home.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/install.112/e41961/rem_orcl.htm#CWLIN2955 <- Oracle's document to move a GI Home Location.

When you run the clone process, the crsconfig_params file does get updated. I checked.

Thanks,
Chad Cleveland

From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider_at_ardentperf.com<mailto:jeremy.schneider_at_ardentperf.com>> Date: Monday, June 9, 2014 at 4:03 PM
To: Chad Cleveland <chad.cleveland_at_datavail.com<mailto:chad.cleveland_at_datavail.com>> Cc: "oracle-l_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org>" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org>> Subject: Re: Question about changing GI Home

One more comment. I think that the crsconfig_params file drives a lot of the configuration. It's a rather readable text file and should definitely reflect the new path before root scripts get run. Could you check the contents before running rootadd and rootcrs?

-J

--

http://about.me/jeremy_schneider
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 6, 2014, at 6:02 PM, Chad Cleveland <Chad.Cleveland_at_datavail.com<mailto:Chad.Cleveland_at_datavail.com>> wrote:

Hmmm strange!

On reboot, GRID Failed to start, no errors, no logs, just failed to start. The move process via Oracle's document doesn't include any instruction to root. No execution of rootcrs, root.sh, config...etc. I've resolved the issue by manually editing the start up process. The *ohas* scripts in /etc/init.d

Details included in my process. I've Re-attached the attachment.

Thanks,
Chad Cleveland

From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider_at_ardentperf.com<mailto:jeremy.schneider_at_ardentperf.com>> Date: Friday, June 6, 2014 at 3:52 PM
To: Chad Cleveland <chad.cleveland_at_datavail.com<mailto:chad.cleveland_at_datavail.com>> Cc: "oracle-l_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org>" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org>> Subject: Re: Question about changing GI Home

Hi chad - maybe it's just my email client, but I don't see the attachment. Could the listserv have stripped it?

Can you give a little more detail about how the process is failing for you?

<relocating_oracle_grid_infrastructure_home_location.doc>

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Jun 10 2014 - 02:14:17 CEST

Original text of this message