Quiesce on Standard Edtion

From: Charlotte Hammond <charlottejanehammond_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 04:43:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All, Is Quiesce Database not supported on Standard Edition?  I get "ORA-00439 feature not enabled:  Database resource manager."   Since DRM is used behind the scenes and that's an enterprise feature I guess the strong implication is no.  But I thought I'd just check as I haven't seen Quiesce explicitly stated as an Enterprise feature. What I want to do is recreate a heavily accessed view which has an instead-of-trigger on it without downtime.  Quiesce sounded like a good match but not if I have to spend $$$s on licences to avoid 100ms of downtime!  Any other alternatives welcome (I can't change the code though - otherwise a simple wait-and-retry exception handler might have been an option) Many thanks in advance, Charlotte