Re: Move to new hardware and upgrade o/s

From: Kenny Payton <k3nnyp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 14:55:09 -0400

You could consider creating a VIP for your databases so in the future you can move them without affecting DNS or firewall rules. We do this for each database so we can also stagger database moves separately if needed. Additionally we create binaries per database with separate inventories on SAN storage. Changing hosts requires moving storage, mounting the binaries and bringing the VIP up on the new machine after shutting it down on the old.

Kenny