10g restore to 11g RMAN(OS platform different)....

From: max scalf <oracle.blog3_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 07:58:07 -0500

Hello all,

i stumble upon the below link/blog and had a question with regards to that...

http://taliphakanozturken.wordpress.com/2012/07/20/how-to-restore-10g-rman-backup-to-11g/

its pretty much restoring a 10g DB to 11g which i knew was possible but then i read the below part....i got a little confused by it. what the link suggest we can do the below if our OS platform is different then how dose it takes care of lets say big endian to little endian conversion...am i missing something here ?....

*9-* If our 10g and 11g database os platforms are different then you must run utlmmig.sql script.

————–Changing 32 bit to 64 bit————–

SQL> SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE
SQL> STARTUP UPGRADE
SQL> SPOOL migrate.log
SQL> _at_$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/utlmmig.sql
SQL> SPOOL off