RE: Encryption over Database Link

From: Deas, Scott <Scott.Deas_at_lfg.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 12:57:02 +0000

Thank you to everyone who responded, this gave us a lot to discuss internally.

I found out yesterday that there are separate private and public networks being set up for this application (the information I was given initially was incorrect). We'll be configuring the database to communicate through the private network, meaning we won't need to implement network encryption.... for now.

We've heard that our security team will soon require us to encrypt all network traffic from the database, so I appreciate all of the feedback, this will definitely help us as we implement this in the not too distant future.

Thanks,
Scott