DBA Opportunity At Lennox International

From: David Barbour <david.barbour1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 12:08:16 -0500

Probably sounds pretty lame after Kyle's post, but Lennox (the air conditioning folks) is looking for an Oracle DBA to join the team in Richardson, TX, just outside of Dallas.

We don't serve free lunch, but we've got an on-site cafeteria and a gym that costs $15/mo. Other standard stuff like 401(K), Health Insurance & Employee Stock Purchase Plan.

More importantly, we're moving off HPUX to Linux, implementing Oracle RAC for our Tier 1 apps, and building out a DR hotsite in a co-lo off-site. Pretty busy considering we (me) currently support 101 Oracle DBs ranging in size from ~500GB to 14TB spread across the dev/test/prod landscape and serving internal and external customers across the globe. We're mostly 10g & 11g, with a couple 9i and 8i DBs still in place due to vendor requirements. The 8i DB is slated to be migrated from HPUX PA RISC to 10g Linux as soon as time permits. Also changing our SAN from EMC VMAX to EMC VNX and Dell Compellent. Also implementing RMAN for backups. Pretty busy. Most days I come in and by the time I pick my head up I wonder how it got to be after 5. Nice folks, good management.

Looking for solid 10g/11g experience. RMAN. ASM. OEM. Linux. Networking. Sysadmin experience a plus. Really would like someone who understands the database runs on an operating system, supports an application, and is capable of performing troubleshooting from end to end. Because it isn't always a database problem.

If you're interested, please send me your resume or check on-line at https://lennox.ats.hrsmart.com/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=13973

Thanks to Mark for allowing me to post this.