Re: Add/remove RAC nodes and GC

From: Freek D'Hooge <freek.dhooge_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 08:43:17 +0200

I just configured new exadata nodes in OEM 12c (R3) yesterday. The way I did it was to first add the nodes to the cluster and afterwards configuring them in OEM.

High level steps done where:

  • add the host targets
  • Modify the cluster target monitoring configuration to add the new nodes to the existing cluster
  • Add the Oracle Homes, listener, ... through the "add manual targets using guided procedure"

No problems encountered and all targets showed up correctly.

For the node removal, I'm not sure what would be the best. Maybe

  • remove the db instances from the old nodes
  • Remove the instances in OEM
  • drop the nodes from the cluster
  • Modify the cluster target monitoring configuration to reflect the node drop
  • Remove the host targets in OEM (and recursively let it delete the oracle homes, .... targets)
  • Remove the agent / agent home targets in OEM
  • Scratch the old servers

Kind regards,

--
Freek D'Hooge