RE: job_queue_processes in 11g

From: Cunningham, Mike <mcunningham_at_thedoctors.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 13:11:12 -0700

Hi CP, 1000 is the default for job_queue_processes in 11g.

Michael Cunningham
Senior Database Administrator
The Doctors' Company
707.226.0221 - desk
707.337.0184 - cell

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of C P Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 12:35 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: job_queue_processes in 11g

List

I saw a 11.2 production DB with a job_queue_processes setting at 1000. Is that derived as cpu_count*parallel_threads_percpu. our cpu count is 10. Is 1000 a mistake or is it ok to set it at such high number. I assume parallelism during gather stats operations depend on JQP.

CP.

Confidentiality Notice: This message and any attachments hereto may contain confidential and privileged communications or information and/or attorney client communications or work-product protected by law. The information contained herein is transmitted for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient or designated agent of the recipient of such information, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited and may subject you to penalties under federal and/or state law. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this e-mail.