RE: imp/ exp two many parameters

From: Cunningham, Mike <mcunningham_at_thedoctors.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 10:05:23 -0700

This is similar to what I was thinking. Not sure about this, but I would also check the shell environment variables. I wonder if it could be that something like PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, etc. could be different. I didn’t think about the alias, but that’s a good idea.

Michael Cunningham
Senior Database Administrator
The Doctors' Company
707.226.0221 - desk
707.337.0184 - cell

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of hostetter.jay_at_gmail.com Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 7:56 AM
To: howard.latham_at_gmail.com
Cc: ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: imp/ exp two many parameters

You might want check for aliases - perhaps a new alias was created for imp?

Type alias at the command line.

Jay
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

From: Howard Latham <howard.latham_at_gmail.com<mailto:howard.latham_at_gmail.com>> Sender: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 10:02:53 +0100
To: Chitale, Hemant K<Hemant-K.Chitale_at_sc.com<mailto:Hemant-K.Chitale_at_sc.com>> ReplyTo: howard.latham_at_gmail.com<mailto:howard.latham_at_gmail.com> Cc: ORACLE-L<oracle-l_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org>> Subject: Re: imp/ exp two many parameters

Big Clue - I hope for Linux experts it runs file on the command line! Any Ideas?

On 29 May 2014 02:36, Chitale, Hemant K <Hemant-K.Chitale_at_sc.com<mailto:Hemant-K.Chitale_at_sc.com>> wrote: Is it running in a different Linux shell ? And/Or on a different server ? How the shell on the server interprets the command line may be different.

Hemant K Chitale

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>] On Behalf Of Howard Latham Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 12:00 AM
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: imp/ exp two many parameters

I have a linux shell script that used to run fine I had

imp \'userid=sys/easyeasy as sysdba\'

it used to work but now I get a too many parameters error. any ideas?

rhat linux 4

Oracle 11.2

--

Howard A. Latham

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify the sender immediately. You may wish to refer to the incorporation details of Standard Chartered PLC, Standard Chartered Bank and their subsidiaries at https://www.sc.com/en/incorporation-details.html.

--

Howard A. Latham

Confidentiality Notice: This message and any attachments hereto may contain confidential and privileged communications or information and/or attorney client communications or work-product protected by law. The information contained herein is transmitted for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient or designated agent of the recipient of such information, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited and may subject you to penalties under federal and/or state law. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this e-mail.
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu May 29 2014 - 19:05:23 CEST

Original text of this message