Re: Reads from Control file under "IOStat by Filetype summary"

From: vijay sehgal <vijaysehgal21_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 18:16:06 +0530

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for your inputs.

  1. I have requested the DBA team to provide me queries that had wait events "control file sequential read", "db file scattered read" and "direct path read"
  2. As Jonathan hinted, the "archive_lag_target" is set to 5 minutes.
  3. I have also requested the team to share if any monitoring scripts are being executed against the database.

While I wait for the inputs, I have 1 more question. How to derive balance value for "arhive_lag_target" parameter. For this particular scenario the environment has dataguard configured.

Warm Regards,
Vijay Sehgal.