Move OCR and Voting disk

From: Kumar Madduri <ksmadduri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 13:54:39 -0700

Hello:
Environment is 11.2.0.2.6 2 node rac
Plan is to move from EMC storage to Pure storage OCR and Voting disk is on ASM.
Our sys admin says they would not be able to discover both the storage at the same time (if this was the case the option would have been to create the new diskgroups and then move the ocr/voting disks or datafiles between the diskgroups and drop the old ones after migration) In the absence of this, I was thinking, I can use the steps suggested in note "How to restore ASM based OCR after complete loss of the CRS diskgroup on Linux/Unix systems (1062983.1)" to relocate the ocr and voting disk to the new disk group.

Are there any other ways I can achieve the same in the given circumstances?

Thanks for your time.

  • Kumar