RE: upgrade grid from 11.2.0.3 to 11.2.0.4 PSU question.

From: Nabil Jamaleddin <nmjamaleddin_at_multiservice.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 15:47:37 -0500

Thanks Martin,

I still want to try to go forward with this idea. It might be a little more complex than just a shutdown, rename the grid home folder and start backup. But if I can figure out all that needs to be done, this will be a very nice way of pushing out PSU patches. And makes a (if needed) back-out a bit easier too.

Besides looking into the root*.sh scripts, anything else you think might be a “show stopper”?

From: Martin Berger [mailto:martin.a.berger_at_gmail.com] Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2014 3:20 PM
To: nmjamaleddin_at_multiservice.com
Cc: Oracle-L oracle-l
Subject: Re: upgrade grid from 11.2.0.3 to 11.2.0.4 PSU question.

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 8:37 PM, Nabil Jamaleddin <nmjamaleddin_at_multiservice.com> wrote:

Once I am ready to push the new PSU out I will shutdown HAS, rename the gird homes and start grid back up.

please don't do this.

an upgrade between patch sets might change more than only binaries. it's likely (even I have not checked) some internal resources are changed.

If you don't run the proper root*.sh scripts, you might face very strange results somewhere in the future.

--

This email is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, or both. If you receive this email in error please immediately notify the sender and delete the email.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu May 15 2014 - 22:47:37 CEST

Original text of this message