Re: Separate Schemas for Data and Application?

From: Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 13:53:53 -0400

I dont see a point to pl/sql and data tables separate. Its over engineered. first off you need direct grants for this and you can't use roles which can be a hassle. 2nd you need addition grants so its 'work'. I dont see any value in this whatsoever.

I do like repository schema (data/code, etc...) application user schemas where people login. so you can control privileges and they cant run drop table etc... that is pretty standard.