Re: Migration Project: MSSQL to Oracle

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 16:15:07 -0600

Nik,

Sure, why not? It has to come across the network sometime, right? What's wrong with database links for straight loading?

I've done pre-datapump export->import pipelined to load 300-500 Gb databases in less than 10 hours (including index builds). The current NETWORK_LINK option in the datapump IMPDP executable using database links.

Hope this helps?

-Tim