Re: RMAN backup on RAC w/ ASM

From: Chris King <ckaj111_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 12:30:28 -0700 (PDT)

yes that was it.. I just re-ran the test.. I'd forgotten the until time clause.. Thanks very much!! On Monday, May 12, 2014 2:57:22 PM, Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com> wrote: Sounds like you're applying the archivelogs that include the drop statement in the recovery.  Make sure you set an "UNTIL TIME" on the recover to prior of the dropping of the table.  (I'm just guessing here) Chris On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 1:51 PM, Chris King <ckaj111_at_yahoo.ca> wrote: This is probably a real newbie question..  I'm working on a new installation of RAC, and am testing an rman backup/restore. (I've done many rman backup/restores before on stand-alones.) I am puzzled why the process seems to go thru without error, but the data is not actually restored. Does anyone have a clue what I'm missing? > >I have a two node rac installation, and am storing the backups using ASM. I did all the work on node1 only.. Here are the steps. > >1. log on to rac node1. create a table named tester. and insert 3 rows into the table, commit. >2. alter system switch logfile; >3. do a full rman backup + an incremental (from rac node1) >-- backups are stored in ASM >4. drop the table named tester. (from rac node1) >5. shutdown the database, mount one instance only (rac node1) >6. restore database; recover database; alter database open; (on rac node1) >7. bring up the instance on node2 as well. >8. connect on node1 and select * from tester -- the table does not exist. > >Any idea what I'm missing? Thanks in advance.. > >ChrisK > > >