Re: events to corrupt a database

From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 20:55:16 +0200

I see it a hard task to corrupt a database at will. Especially if it is set up properly :-)

It depends on the kind of corruption you want to achieve. For some small, but very specific block corruptions I'd use BBED. Or I'd take a previous copy of datafiles/redos and replace some blocks from the current files using dd.
But there are also some funny ways to confuse people: in a running DB, rename any datafile and create a symlink with that name pointing to any other datafile.

It all depends on the type of corruption you want to create? what's the purpose at all?