Re: Migration Project: MSSQL to Oracle

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 06:51:05 -0600

On 12/05/2014 4:37 AM, Ls Cheng wrote:
> You can even rent it for a few months (not like GoldenGate which you > need to buy perpertual license)
GoldenGate is also available under a term license - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 years. In my opinion, still pricey, but (at 1/5 price of perpetual) definitely worth considering.

Things like this are easy enough to verify
- go to http://www.oracle.com

  • click on Store from top right menu bar
  • select country/currency from top right menu bar
  • select Fusion Middlewear from left Nav Bar
  • filter on Golden or wade through the myriad of items
  • click on GoldenGate for Oracle, or for non-Oracle
  • select license (user or processor) and term

It takes longer to describe than to do ...

All DBAs and Developers should know how to do this. If nothing else, it is good to be forearmed against discussions with Oracle Sales and Oracle License Management Service, who WILL imply that only perpetual is available.

HTH
/Hans