Migration Project: MSSQL to Oracle

From: Nik Tek <niktek2005_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 13:16:19 -0700

Hi,

I have a question about migrating data from MSSQL and Oracle.

I'm working on a migration project from MSSQL and Oracle.

I have around 1040 tables on source (MSSQL) side, database size could be around 100-300 GB.

I would have to do this operation repeatedly, so I'm thinking of creating it as a tool (command line based).

Could anyone give me some guidelines on how to achieve it.

  • I have already created the destination schema on Oracle(Converted all SPs, Triggers, Tables, Views, Functions to pl/sql compatibility). I have to migrate data ONLY between source and destination databases.

Source: MS SQL 2008 R2
Destination: Oracle11g R2

I have used Oracle's SQL Developer Migration Tool, but I'm not sure if I can bundle it as part of my software, as this tool is going to be free to the community.

Thank you
NikTekki