Re: DB performance after upgrade from 9i to 11gR2

From: <ankit.thakwani_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 05:04:06 +0000

Hi,

I noticed that the parameter cursor_sharing is set to 'FORCED', is your app not using Bind Variables?

Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 21:21:33 +0200

From: exriscer_at_gmail.com

To: baitha_at_itradenetwork.com

CC: mark.powell2_at_hp.com;
oracle-l_at_freelists.org

hi

the first thing you should do is get rid of histograms then check

in 11g it's simple to restore statistics so when things goes wrong you can always go back quickly

or

use the pending statistics feature, gather stats and dont publish them then fire a couple of sqlplus sessions with optimizer_use_pending_statistics set to TRUE and test your queries, if they are good then publish, if not good jsut delete them with dbms_stats

thanks

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri May 09 2014 - 07:04:06 CEST

Original text of this message