RE: DB performance after upgrade from 9i to 11gR2

From: Bheemsen Aitha <baitha_at_itradenetwork.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 17:04:04 +0000

Yes David, they are exactly same in DB version, OS version, storage and stats. Data is a close match.

Thanks
BA

From: "" <dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org> (Redacted sender "oratune_at_yahoo.com" for DMARC) Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2014 8:24 AM
To: Bheemsen Aitha; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: DB performance after upgrade from 9i to 11gR2

The way I read this is both QA and Prod are now at 11gR2, is this correct? I don't want to take this any further until that bit of information is clearly stated.

David Fitzjarrell
Primary author, "Oracle Exadata Survival Guide" On Thursday, May 8, 2014 12:41 AM, Bheemsen Aitha <baitha_at_itradenetwork.com<mailto:baitha_at_itradenetwork.com>> wrote: Hello DBA gurus,

We recently upgraded our database from 9i to 11gR2 on Solaris 11 64-bit, Veritas File system (single instance). We tested thoroughly in our QA environment before the upgrade. But after the upgrade we are seeing terrible performance in production with many of the queries. Even though the query plan looks good with very low cost, the queries are just sitting there and not finishing. Some of the queries have differences in plan (FTS to index scans on small tables) when compared to QA environment. We gathered stats with default auto sample size and default method_opt options. I opened a ticket with oracle on the performance issue, but I doubt if I can get a solution on this. The QA and prod environments are exactly same, but the queries are running are faster in QA. Did anyone come across similar problem in the past? Any inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
BA