Re: Convert Stand-alone database to RAC

From: Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 15:47:21 -0500

Chris,

A database need not be a cluster database to run in a RAC cluster. In fact, the binaries running a RAC database are no different from those running a non-RAC database. Feel free to migrate your database to a RAC cluster without converting it to a cluster database.

It's also relatively easy to use RMAN Duplicate to go from single instance to cluster.