RE: Convert Stand-alone database to RAC

From: Powell, Mark <mark.powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 17:31:16 +0000

Obviously you need to move the database instance onto a clustered server if you want to run the database as a Real Application Cluster database instance.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Chris King Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2014 1:03 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Convert Stand-alone database to RAC

It seems there are a number of methods to convert a stand-alone database to a RAC database.. but it's not clear to me if I have to first move the stand-alone database onto the cluster first.. the stand-alone presently sits on a separate server on the same network. Can someone clarify that for me?

Details: stand-alone is not using ASM, and sits on a stand-alone server the RAC cluster is on the same network, and presently runs only one test database. Both are the same version of Oracle (11.2) and same o/s (RHEL6).

Thank you!
-ck

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed May 07 2014 - 19:31:16 CEST