SunCluster Question

From: Ethan Post <post.ethan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 10:48:43 -0500

We have a database in an active/passive config using SunCluster. The problem is that when the cluster moves/bounces database services PeopleSoft services are not restarted and that causes issues.

I have everything set up for the unix admin to bounce psoft by calling a single script. I need the script to run anytime the cluster moves the database. Unix admin does not seem to know how to do this. I don't know much about SunCluster but seems like there must be some way to call a shell script post event. I found something called an "Action Script" but not sure if that is what I am looking for or not.

Anyone know? Anyone else faced this type of problem?

I could easily monitor for database restarts and auto-bounce the app 20 minutes later if it isn't done manually but this is not as tightly coupled as I would like. I could also monitor OS logs for cluster notifications and such but again, not as tightly coupled as I like.