Re: OEM 12c on windows 8

From: Kellyn Pot'vin <kellyn.potvin_at_ymail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 11:17:59 -0700 (PDT)

There are benefits to having a simple OEM environment running on a laptop to get familiar with it vs. having it as your actual OEM environment to support your databases and at no time did I assume this was the case with our poster.  Certified OS for a business environment should always be a must, but if our poster just wants to have it running on his laptop and it is Windows 8 or 8.1, I can attest that it does work just fine if you have the memory.  Having a virtual up and running is not difficult, especially with Oracle Virtualbox, but again, memory may be the instigator of the issue and we won't know that until we get a look at the information contained in the installation logs... :)

Kellyn Pot'Vin
http://about.me/dbakevlar

~Tombez sept fois, se relever huit!
On Monday, April 28, 2014 11:50 AM, Peter Sharman <pete.sharman_at_oracle.com> wrote:

There are 64 bit machines with LESS than 8 Gb of memory?  ;)

Seriously, there’s a difference (as we hopefully know) between what will work and what is certified.  If the original poster requires a supported environment, they need to go with an configuration that is listed on the certify site, as others have mentioned.  It may work in other environments, like Kellyn mentioned, but it may not be supported.

Leaving aside the certification issue, if the original poster could look at the relevant logs they might see just what the error is.  We need that before we can troubleshoot anything really, also as Kellyn mentioned. J  Telling us it stops 60% of the way through isn’t a vast amount of help without the actual error message.

Pete
Pete Sharman
Principal Product Manager
Enterprise Manager Product Suite
33 Benson Crescent CALWELL ACT 2905 AUSTRALIA
Phone: +61262924095 | | Fax: +61262925183 | | Mobile: +61414443449

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not, it's much harder than that!"
Bruce Pihlamae, long term Oracle DBA