RE: SQL Dev Data Modeler

From: Jeff Smith <jeff.d.smith_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 09:07:22 -0700 (PDT)

I’m obviously a biased party, but that’s never stopped me before.

Hopefully folks aren’t running away from the tool! But I’ll let them speak for themselves.

ODTUG is a great group – I’m a paying member. Kent and Heli (both ACE Directors) are excellent presenters and I recommend you take in their talks. I’ll be doing a more of a tips and tricks session.

We have lots of content online for free – not quite the same as training, but a good resource.

From: LeRoy Kemnitz [mailto:lkemnitz_at_uwsa.edu] Sent: Friday, April 25, 2014 12:00 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: SQL Dev Data Modeler

We are just starting to look at and use the SQL Developer Data Modeler.  We like so far.

We are going thru the online webinars and trying to learn as much as we can about this tool.  Is anyone else using it?  Happy with it?  Run away from it?

I also found a user group named - ODTUG.  Oracle Development Tools User Group.  They have a conference coming up in the Fall with a few session on how to use the data modeler.  Anyone have exp with this group?  Worth attending?

 I have also been looking for in-person training for this tool.  Anyone know of an in-person training program?

LeRoy

LeRoy Kemnitz
UW System Administration
Database Administrator