emctl start blackout not working. database does not exist, but listtargets lists the database!!

From: Chris Grabowy <cgrabowy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 09:16:03 -0400

At my new job they still have a few cold database backups. We are planning on switching them into archivelog mode and hot backups. But for now I setup OEM blackouts so that we do not get alerted when the database comes down for the cold backup.

One database seems to have issues with start blackout...it says that the pad4009 database does not exist:

oracle_at_XXXXux51$ /opt/oracle/agent12c/core/12.1.0.3.0/bin/emctl start blackout ColdBackup pad4009:oracle_database Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 3 Copyright (c) 1996, 2013 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved. Blackout start Error : the oracle_database target "pad4009" does not exist oracle_at_XXXXux51$

So I ask it to give me a list of targets and it lists pad4009 as a database target:

oracle_at_XXXXux51$ emctl config agent listtargets Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Database Control Release 10.2.0.4.0 Copyright (c) 1996, 2007 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
[XXXXux51.XXXX.com, host]
[pad4009, oracle_database]
[LISTENER_DWHPRD04_XXXXux51.XXXX.com, oracle_listener]

Huh?? How can it list the database target but when I attempt to black it out then it states that it does not exist.

Has anyone else encountered this?

TIA!!! Chris