Re: Blocking Session alert in EM 12C

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 13:14:19 -0500 (CDT)

> Just found that this database has no entries in dba_thresholds where
> instance name in the table is the correct value. This database was cloned
> while EM was down and being switched from 11g to 12c as a new install. Does
> EM populate the table? If so, how do I get it to do so in EM 12c?

Changing the metric threshold in EM should do it. It should be easy to confirm in EM:

  1. Go to DB target homepage.
  2. Oracle Database -> Monitoring -> Metric and Collection Settings
  3. Change the value for "Blocking Session Count"
  4. Click OK at the bottom of the page

There might be one more "OK" to click. After some short delay, poll the DBA_THRESHOLDS view on the target again and you should see it.

Rich