Re: Oracle RAC listener on a 2nd network

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 20:25:50 -0700

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 3:17 PM, Upendra <nupendra_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> Without impacting the above setup, I would like to create a second
> database in the RAC environment and setup access for another set of
> applications through another network Network_B. They both are independent
> networks (its a requirement based on the legacy networks we have). I need
> the listener for the second database to be listening on Network_B.

I've done something quite similar to this in 11.2.0.x RAC.

The same databases were involved, but two different networks, internal and external.

That was a couple years ago, just looked up my notes and found the Oracle Support document:

    How to Configure A Second Listener on a Separate Network in 11.2 Grid Infrastructure [ID 1063571.1]

As I recall the note was a little unclear is spots, but we did get it to work.
The method is not entirely straight forward, but is supported, and once setup works as expected.

I would point you to a blog if I had written one ( shame on me ), but I did write an internal document that I think could be easily converted to a blog.

If this note seems to cover it , feel free to ask any questions you may have about it.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Sr Oracle DBA at Pythian
Pythian Blog http://www.pythian.com/blog/author/still/ Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com