Re: Dataguard Exadata -> Database Appliance

From: Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 16:07:26 -0500

GG,

I think you are making some assumptions that Chris has already said are not relevant, specifically that processing differences are not a problem. If his workload idles on an Exadata and idles on an ODA, why would memory, smart scan, CPUs, I/O, etc. be an issue?

As many have already mentioned, get the SLA in writing and test the workload on the DR system.

One other point to keep in mind is that the ODA does not do rolling patches. If this is a maintenance requirement and the ODA becomes your primary database, you'll have a problem.

Seth Miller