RE: How do you rotate OEM 12c paging different DBAs on the team....

From: Cunningham, Mike <mcunningham_at_thedoctors.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 13:12:05 -0700

We use two layers of alerts setup like this.
  1. WARNINGS get emails sent to all DBA’s. The on-call DBA should be checking emails. There are times when the on-call DBA may need to step away and asks another to watch his back and that is why we all get the emails. The subject line is formatted to make easy sorting. This might be something like filesystem >= 85%.
  2. CRITICAL alerts send text messages to all DBA’s. This is valuable because my phone is sent to silent for emails, but makes an obnoxious sound for text messages and I will pay attention to them. Regardless of on-call or not our team will communicate and figure out who is attending to the alert so we know someone is on it. This is something like blocking locks, filesystem >= 95%, etc. In our environment if we get a text there will also be an email with more detailed information.

Michael Cunningham
Senior Database Administrator
The Doctors' Company
707.226.0221 - desk
707.337.0184 - cell

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Chris Grabowy Sent: Monday, April 14, 2014 12:44 PM
To: 'ORACLE-L'
Subject: How do you rotate OEM 12c paging different DBAs on the team....

We are in the middle of setting up OEM 12c. I setup a separate Incident Rule set for the production group and critical alerts.

I am thinking about setting up a different OEM user whose email is the texting addresses of the DBA team.

We do not carry a pager but we have corporate Blackberrys. So I am trying to determine how we would rotate who receives the page dependent on who is on call.

So I am wondering what other sites do? Any pointers? Links? Ideas?

TIA. Chris

Confidentiality Notice: This message and any attachments hereto may contain confidential and privileged communications or information and/or attorney client communications or work-product protected by law. The information contained herein is transmitted for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient or designated agent of the recipient of such information, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited and may subject you to penalties under federal and/or state law. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this e-mail.