RE: Moving Start SCN for Streams Capture process

From: Mayen Shah <mshah_at_travelclick.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 01:53:01 +0000

As Stojan mentioned, please be very careful if you skip transaction. Not only you will lose data, but subsequent transactions may also fail if those transaction expect the data from the skipped transaction.
  • Mayen

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Stojan Veselinovski Sent: Friday, April 11, 2014 6:33 PM
To: prabhu_adam_at_hotmail.com
Cc: ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: Moving Start SCN for Streams Capture process

Hi Prabhu,

You can use dbms_capture_adm.alter_capture to move the start scn. I've used this a few times but there are a few quirks to it.

Sounds to me like there may be long running transactions.

You can possibly also use dbms_capture_adm.set_parameter with '_ignore_transaction' to try and skip the problematic one.

Beware you may lose data.

Regards,
On Apr 12, 2014 3:19 AM, "Prabhu Krishnaswamy" <prabhu_adam_at_hotmail.com<mailto:prabhu_adam_at_hotmail.com>> wrote: Lists,

We have facing an issue with one of our production Streams setup. The streams processes got broke after a network issue and once after the network is back alive, the capture process start reading the logs way back old logs. Its been 3 days still the capture process is reading old logs and hence the propagation is not sending any data to the target. Is there any way to set or moving of the start scn forward ?

Any suggestions are highly appreciable.

Thank you
Prabhu

TravelClick Privacy Policy

This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of TravelClick. Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects.