Re: Oracle EBS

From: John Piwowar <jpiwowar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 09:50:37 -0700

I'm not aware of an active mailing list, but the EBS OTN fora are pretty active. There's some level of "do my job plz" noise, but the people who actually know things and respond to questions are pretty knowledgeable, and generally professional.
https://community.oracle.com/community/developer/english/e-business_suite

For bootstrapping on Apps DBA stuff, the content in Elke Phelps' Apps DBA Field guide is a decent starting place:
http://www.amazon.com/Oracle-R12-Applications-Field-Guide/dp/1453742735 .  The author and several contributors now work for Oracle in the ATG group, so they do actually know how this stuff hangs togethers.

Also, if you're an Apps DBA and not reading Steven Chan's blog, you're doing yourself a huge disservice: blogs.oracle.com/stevenChan/

And, finally, as with "core" DBA stuff, the Concepts Guide is your friend. :) http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18727_01/doc.121/e12841/toc.htm