Re: 12cR1

From: Stojan Veselinovski <stojan.veselinovski_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 14:35:44 +1000

Hi Kenny,

We are in the process of migrating a 10g cluster to 12cR1 GI but we are leaving the databases at 10.2.0.5. Databases may be upgraded to 12c along the journey but not set in stone right now. We are steering clear of multitenancy and pluggable databases. We've had a POC environment running for a few months and about to build all the other environments in the coming weeks.

I haven't seen too many issues with the 12c GI but have come across a few problems with pluggable databases in my tests. The multitenancy is such a new paradigm that there's going to be lots of new learning to be done and the inevitable outages and instability due to bugs or nuances.

Regards,

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 4:15 AM, Kenny Payton <k3nnyp_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to get over the dogma of R2 being the production R1. Anyone
> running 12cR1 in production yet and do you have any success or horror
> stories you would like to share? We're deploying 12cR1 ASM in a few lesser
> environments and have an upcoming server cluster refresh that we are
> strongly considering deploying 12cR1 GI. The databases are not scheduled
> for upgrade until early next year when we expect 12cR2 to be out.
>
> Thanks,
> Kenny

Stojan
www.stojanveselinovski.com/blog