Re: Oracle 9i hints that are obsolete in 11gR2

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 07:16:49 +0000

Hi Bheem I am not aware of any the are obsolete ( meaning removed) . It is possible to argue that the RULE hint is obsolete, but I think it still has effect. What you may find if course is that the optimizer has more options available to it which might mean either
  1. your hinted sql follows a different plan than in 9