Re: OMF or not OMF? DBCA or Manual scripts

From: Dave Morgan <oracle_at_1001111.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 21:37:31 -0600

I only use scripts. My people only use scripts. Apart from ISO and SOX (HIPAA?) requirements, scripts work.

Ask DBCA to add TEXT with a couple of strange languages and then Spatial.

Or run scripts (oh no, I have to change them for every major version, oh, the horror) And then walk through ?/rdbms/admin picking and choosing to build what is necessary. Or what just looks interesting :)

Successfully.

Of course XWindows over dial up works well Unless we do:
> You will need to modify the XML template to include:
>
> db_file_create_dest
> db_file_online_log_dest_n

So to execute a sql script you are going to edit an XML file? Really?
<head explodes />
Shall we take a line count?

I'm all for not being a stick in the mud because it worked long ago, but there is a huge difference between DBCA and OMF. One, I occasionally use :)

My $0.00, since they got rid of the penny and now round down

Dave

--
Dave Morgan
Senior Consultant, 1001111 Alberta Limited