Delphix: Virtualizing 12c PDB data files beta

From: kyle Hailey <kylelf_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 16:24:13 -0700

Looking for beta testers for virtualizing PDBs.

Virtualizing data means coping data is instant and takes up no storage as the copy shares all the data of the original initially. As the original and copy change over time, the changes start taking up extra space and changes are only seen by the changer not by the other.

Currently we at Delphix virtualize full Oracle databases including Oracle 12c databases. What we are rolling out in beta is only virtualizing specific PDBs. With PDBs there is an Oracle command to make a copy but by default that copy takes up extra disk space. With Delphix that copy will initially take up no extra space. see
http://www.oraclerealworld.com/12c-pdbs-delphix-like-chocolate-peanut-butter/  <http://www.oraclerealworld.com/12c-pdbs-delphix-like-chocolate-peanut-butter/>

for more info Delphix see http://www.oraclerealworld.com/delphix/

Please contact me if you are interested in beta testing the PDB virtualization functionality in the May timeframe

Best Wishes
Kyle Hailey
http://kylehailey.com